Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reminiscence

When i took pen to write this memoir...my heart was filled to the brim with feelings which were expressive beyond words.

"Unfolding the casket of memories..
Your picture comes to my mind..
Through the words from the
Bottom of my heart...
I Prostrate before you..."
Here i begin....

It was in the year 1997 i got admission for my Mcom in GCC.I got down from the bus and like a toddler ,crossed the road and entered the college campus.Though i was fascinated by the greenary all over..i looked around the campus with some apprehensions...with respect to students as well as teachers.Regular classes began...and sooner i threw all my apprehensions.


The year 1997 was so significant in the history of college...it was in that year the college celebrated its Golden Jubilee.The celebrations lasted a month and the whole campus was in a festive mood.There were a lot of cultural activities,competitons,exhibitions...Under the guidance of Prof P.Venugopal i got an opportunity to lead the commerce department in the exhibition,and our department stall was adjudged the best and we won a trophy for the same. Participating in that exhibition was a nice experience for me.


1998 the most memorable year of my college life ..the year in which i was elected to the college union as the Vice chairperson.Immediately after filing the nominations..we started the campaigning.The election campaigning-the most relishing part of college elections which i can never forget.Our mass campaign that started from the college gate with 2 songs.....where manu,shijina,rinju..took a lead role for singing ..the songs Padunne puthupattinnithu paadunne nammal"..a nostalgic one!and another song EE neelavanangalil"..These two songs still echoes in my heart!!!The ganamela that was conducted prior to the elections..magical voice of sainoj and the crowd puller singer shyju added spice to our campaigns.

Awesome and mind blowing speeches of the trio(Aneesh,Arun Kumar and Shine Sankar Das)nothing can beat those spectacular speeches that captured the minds of hundreds of students of the college.During the campaigns..the classrooms resound with the speeches of the Trio.

On the day of meet the candidates..i was shivering..as i had no prior experience of addressing a mass.My voice was trembling and somehow with the help of my zealous comrades,i was able to finish my task of addressing the students.

The union members worked towards a common goal-with a creative approach.

Arts festival was organised and celebrated in an elaborate manner.The celebrations lasted for 4 days,and it was the first time that arts festival was given so much importance.

An association called Mathrukam(vanitha samskarika sanghadana)was formed,with the objective of motivating the female students ,to take part in the college activities.Still i remember ..we campaigned each and every corner of the campus to ensure the presence of female students for the inaugral session of mathrukam.We all were excited and surprised when we saw the college auditorium was jampacked with the active presence of girls-girls only!!!all the guys were standing outside the auditorium.

Apart from these a 3 day film festival,quiz,debates and many other seminars were organised by our union.

Another remarkable achievement was that our college secured third place in the inter zone competitions held at Kalppetta.I got an opportunity to take part in that inter zone festival and that too was a memorable one for me.

The college Union stood above the expectation of the students in all sphere of activities and it was one of the Best Union the college ever had.,and the staff and many other senior members vouched the same.Even today i feel proud to say that i was a part of the most creative union.

Today when i look back into those days..i don't have any regrets.The only regret in the corner of my mind is that i could have contributed in a much better way for my dear GCC.Even though i have missed many academic sessions..my teachers and friends helped me a lot in compensating the lost sessions.

Life in GCC gave me many things..it widened my friends circle,my contacts and above all it taught many things and shaped my thoughts and attitudes.As i put a dot to this memoir, the Pictures and thoughts of my loving friends,teachers ,campus comes to my mind..the thoughts that can never be erased from my memory.

( Monday, April 02, 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment